Today I do a review of a kitchen full of appliances here at Hibiscus House. Keep in mind that I cook more than usual! As a matter of fact I cook all the time, so these appliances have to work hard! Having said that I still expect them to work!
Where do I begin? I guess at the beginning. (No it won't be a long review 😅). We built this house in 2006. That is when we put Sears Kenmore Appliances in. They were mid range in price, not the cheapest nor the top of the line but we did expect them to last more than 3 years and a few months! Granted, I'm one of the rare individuals that constantly use them and cook more than the average person on any given day, but I did think they'd last longer than that!
- Sears Kenmore High Mid-Range kitchen appliances chosen put into newly built home 2006
- All replaced by High End Electrolux early 2010.
Chuck and I go off and buy the complete line, range, refrigerator, and dishwasher. I might mention that at the time 2010 these were incredibly expensive! We were so disgusted with the short life on our not even 4 year old appliances that we had to have a change of brands! These had a 1 year total replacement warranty on all.
- Electrolux or Sears I forget but the appliances had a 1 year total replacement warranty.
PRODUCT REVIEW RANGE
Note * not original range
I didn't get a picture of that one
It died fairly quickly
- The first range had to be replaced within 3 months! That's right 3 months!
- I really liked the look of the first stove much better. This new replacement is not the same it didn't look as good as the first had not so nice door views. Our original had an almost full view doorway. It was supposed to be the exact same model. It was not!
- We had this particular range repaired a few times!
- I extended the Electrolux Warranty for 3 more years, an expensive decision and one in which I wouldn't and didn't do again. This warranty did not cover the same as the original 1 year warranty and proved to be useless for us, pretty much. Oh, it saved a little money but was a hassle to have repairs done and get any compensation at all.
- Would I recommend buying Extended Warranties?
- Answer: NO
- As a matter of fact the very thing they replaced the first range for happened again and this time they wouldn't pay for even a repair of the problem! (Mind you I speak, call, write to all involved to get results). I was told that it was cosmetic in the end. It is not it impairs the use of appliance, so basically NO results! Still to this day have the problem.
- Last Repairs done THIS WEEK! **SEE END NOTES FOR MORE INFO.
I like the look of the blank panel screen, you can choose what you want to show
I like the timer
I like the ease of heat settings
I like the Temp Probe for the Perfect Turkey
I like the Bread Proof Setting
The oven bakes well (if you can keep it running.)
The range top cooks fairly well (if you can keep it running.)
First model was absolutely beautiful to look at!
The appliance doesn't work long enough to enjoy without errors/repairs
I am a resourceful person so learned to get around some of the errors and learned to cook anyway.
The replacement range isn't near as pretty as our original range.
The extra small oven is pretty much useless! I store a baking pan in it. It barely bakes without burning on the bottom and the top never browns.
Something is always broken!
MY REVIEW RESULTS
WOULD WE EVER BUY AGAIN?
PRODUCT REVIEW REFRIGERATOR
Where do I begin with this one? Oh, I don't know maybe if you expect to have an ICE MAKER that works DON'T BUY this fridge at all! It is 7 years old. The ice maker was replaced once, repaired many many times. Basically we've only had a few months worth of ice made with the appliance all totaled.
There was a class action lawsuit and I stayed in that one. It got me a whopping $100, I'm grateful although it sounds like I'm not. Anyway, we went out and bought a portable ice maker. That is a subject for review maybe one day I will review that wet messy item.
ELECTROLUX REFRIGERATOR ICE MAKER
- 7 years old many many replacements repairs.
- I received $100 from class action suit
- Purchased portable ice maker to make our ice over 2 years!
- The ice maker itself has only worked a few months in it's lifetime!
- LAST MAJOR REPAIR? THIS WEEK!
I have to say the refrigerator is laid out well! I like the shelving and the adjustments you can make with them to accommodate the smallest to largest containers.
I like the humidity settings on all drawers! The produce, fruits, meats all seem to last a lot longer.
It is easy to change the filters and they seem to last fairly long!
I love the in door water and easy to use settings display!
The refrigerator compartment itself I really like! It is huge and holds a lot of items!
The look of the refrigerator is beautiful and fairly easy to keep clean!
i HAVE NONE
FREEZER FOOD COMPARTMENTS
I really like the separate drawers in the bottom freezer! They are separated and very convenient to use!
It holds quite a lot of items!
I've thoroughly enjoyed using this freezer on this thing!
Ice Maker please see above review!
WOULD I BUY AGAIN?
LAST PRODUCT REVIEW
This product has been repaired approximately 4 times. I let it sit and used it for a dish drainer for almost 2 years, because of the aggravation of having it repaired. You see all three appliances had problems at the same time and I decided that I would learn to adjust and try to use what would work ON ALL. After all my mama never used a dishwasher in her entire life, I guess I could hand wash. So that is what I did.
LAST MAJOR REPAIR? THIS WEEK!
This is the best of the appliances! I absolutely love this dishwasher!
Quietest dishwasher I've ever owned!
Cleans the best of any I've ever used before!
Easy to load, very convenient!
I like the numerous settings!
I love the clean lines, the look!
The appliance just won't work long enough to enjoy!
A rebuild leak kit major repair was done this week! Evidently they had a lot to leak because it has been a major issue! Major enough to make a new kit to prevent it (hopefully) from happening again.
MIXED OPINION ON THIS ONE
UNDECIDED IF I WOULD PURCHASE AGAIN!
I'D HAVE TO THINK ABOUT THIS ONE LONG AND HARD.
I'VE BEEN DISAPPOINTED WITH ELECTROLUX'S CUSTOMER SERVICE
AS RECENTLY AS A MONTH AGO, BEFORE THIS MAJOR ALL APPLIANCE REPAIR, I CONTACTED A REPRESENTATIVE AND AFTER MANY EMAILS WAS OFFERED A 20% OFF OF PARTS ONLY DEAL. THE PARTS HAD TO BE ORDERED FROM THEM AND WOULD TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT: COME WITH BASICALLY NO WARRANTY EVEN IF PACKAGES WERE OPENED! SO IT WAS NOT WORTH THE PAPER IT WAS WRITTEN ON! NOT GOOD, OPEN BOX IF ITEM IS USED AT ALL CAN NOT RETURN DO NOT GET A REFUND! WHO COULD REFUSE AN OFFER LIKE THAT? WELL, I DID!
I DON'T THINK ANY APPLIANCE MADE NOW IS MADE TO LAST. I HAVE SOME IN ANOTHER HOUSE THAT ARE STILL WORKING MAYBE NOT AS FAST AS WHEN NEW, BUT STILL WORKING AFTER 39 YEARS!
WE'LL SEE HOW LONG THE REPAIRS LAST ON ALL THREE. I'LL LET YOU KNOW AND IF YOU'RE INTERESTED AS TO THE MODEL #'S CONTACT ME.
ONE ENDING THOUGHT YOU DO BECOME VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE REPAIRMEN WHEN YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM SO OFTEN. I'M THANKFUL TO HAVE FOUND THEM LOCALLY AND WOULD RECOMMEND ACE APPLIANCE!
Disclaimer: I purchased these products and was given no compensation for my opinions. My opinions are just that my opinions.