Mar 8, 2017

Bountiful Veggies & Chicken Stir Fry Over Yellow Rice



I love to make a stir-fry, don't you?  The hardest thing is preparing the ingredients and chopping veggies isn't hard at all.  Fresh ingredients make all the difference in the world! I'll tell you something else I love too and that would be Mahatma Yellow Jasmine Saffron Rice! This is a simple yet very delicious recipe.  Join me today for the recipe.







Ingredients

1 head Broccoli 
1 1/2 cups Sweet Snap Peas fresh young tender whole
3 Carrots tiny tender 
2 cloves Garlic 
Half large yellow onion chopped finely
2 large Scallions chopped green and all sliced horizontally 1/2 inch pieces
2 ribs of celery sliced horizontally 1/2 inch pieces
8 large button Mushrooms 
1 large Green Bell Pepper 
1 large Orange Bell Pepper
6 or 7 Chicken Tenders small tender fresh hormone free
1 cup Mahatma Yellow Jasmine Saffron Rice 
2 1/4 cups cold water
Cornstarch
Vegetable or Olive Oil
1 cup chicken broth
Salt & Black Pepper to season

Lawry's Teriyaki Marinade with Pineapple Juice  (rare for me to use things like this because you can make your own easy enough)....but I did on this day. 




Directions
30 minutes before cooking:
Chop chicken tenders into 1 inch pieces place into bowl and add 3 - 4 Tbs. Lawry's Marinade.  Let marinade for 30 minutes in fridge.




Cook Rice
Bring to a boil 2 1/4 cups of water, add the yellow rice stir turn down heat to low; cover and cook 20 minutes or until water is cooked out and rice is tender.  This rice sometimes take an extra 5 minutes. Turn eye off and leave rice on stove.




Meanwhile prepare vegetables
Cut broccoli florets off with as much stem as you like. 
Chop finely the onion, carrots and garlic, set aside.
Cut the scallions and celery into half inch horizontal pieces. 
Cut the bell peppers into 1 1/2 inch pieces horizontally.
Remove stems from mushrooms and slice into 1/4 inch pieces, set aside.




Heat large wok or pan medium high heat turning down if need be to cook softly and not brown.
Add 3 Tbs. oil, when hot add carrots, onions, scallions, celery, garlic, lightly add salt and black pepper; Cook a few minutes approximately 2 minutes just until carrots start to become crisp tender. Add bell peppers to pan and cook slightly about a minute more until onions just start to become translucent. Remove vegetables from pan and set aside. * Note peppers will be very crisp*. Add 1 Tbs. oil if needed and then add mushrooms lightly salt & pepper cook stirring for 2 minutes, then remove quickly.  Add oil to pan if needed and remove chicken from marinade. Add to hot pan in two parts and stir fry for 2 minutes.  Remove and set aside. 
Mix corn starch to 1/3 cup cold water stirring well to mix and remove any lumps




Add chicken broth to pan on Medium High Heat after removing chicken. Stir to loosen cooked bits from bottom of pan. Stir cornstarch/water mixture into chicken broth in pan.  Stir constantly to prevent lumps and make sauce smooth. Taste and season with salt & black pepper if needed. When the sauce is smooth add all ingredients and heat through for 1 minute then turn off pan and serve immediately.








This recipe makes a 12 inch pan rather full so if you want less cut ingredients accordingly.
Serves 6 large portions

**I'll let you in on a little secret today I was in a hurry had to fix a meal and quick.  I didn't have time to marinade the chicken tenders but I knew they were of premium quality so I just added the marinade to the chicken while I chopped the vegetables and it was still so delicious. I liked this quick marinade for a treat but usually make my own but I found this on sale at grocery and it is tasty and easy for a change.**

My homemade Terriyaki Sauce
I would use an organic soy sauce, water, real local honey, vinegar, minced organic garlic and ginger, pineapple juice and sometimes thicken a little with Corn Starch.  You could make a big batch but It is easy enough to mix and heat a short while when you need it.



10 comments:

  1. Oh- That looks SOOO good. I like to grab those 'convenient' things once in a while, too. I bet it tasted delicious. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana! I wish you were here with me to have some it is so good! I rarely buy those convenient things but when I do it is a luxury! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! If you like veggies with a little tender chicken you will like it! Let me know how it is for you.

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky that I don't live closer because you would have 3 Harman Sent sneaking over at dinner time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be just fine! Wish you were closer!

      Delete
    2. thanks dolly for recipe posts.. i made this last night for supper and it was delish.. wish i could have found the yellow rice but i used a good organic jasmine.. i did use a small amount of coarse ground pepper that gave every few bites a peppery crunch.. yummy.. after the veggies and chicken had cooled i had a cple bowls with no rice.. it was perfect.. thanks again..

      fyi for the future.. lawrys marinade is produced with genetic engineering..

      Delete
    3. Hi Stevie!
      Thank you so much! You've made my day! Yeah I know and I never buy the stuff but on this day the clearance caught my eye. Glad you let me know and I will share for all to see! Always best to make your own! I wish I could have tasted yours! Good to hear from you!

      Delete
  4. Looks yummy. Must try making this dish very soon.

    ReplyDelete


HOUSE AND GARDENS