Nov 22, 2016

Catie and Doug are Married!




You've no doubt heard me say many times that Catherine (Catie) is my clown, my comedian, if not she is.  She is my youngest and  has always done things in her own way.  All who meet her tend to love her and the mere mention of her name promotes a smile on their face.

Doug is as she would say "The lumberjack of her dreams".  No he isn't a lumberjack, but she has always wanted that type of outdoorsy person.  She found him.  He has a kind and gentle nature about him with the most pleasant smile.  He also sounds like Matthew McConaughey, so everybody likes to hear him say, "Alright, Alright, Alright."  You may if you follow the design site know him because he was the model for many of my aprons.

Today I share bits from our little gathering we had here at home after they were married in a private ceremony.  Join me won't you.

You know Catie is a talented individual.  Once I did a post entitled "She is Unusual but Talented"! That post was a somewhat scary home cross stitch pattern that caught many people's attention. It came as no surprise that she would be doing her own thing in her own way for her wedding. 


Catie made her butterfly bouquet



Catie making her wedding veil
This girl has been sewing since she was 5 years old.
She would sit on the floor in my sewing room waiting for fabric scraps to fall so she could design her Barbie Doll's dresses.
(She didn't know I'd drop quite a few on purpose)




She made her cake toppers as well
She loves mermaids and Doug loves to fish
I see he caught her
They are pretty cute!



Doug's grandmother Katharine gave him this opal to give to Catie
It is a very beautiful ring




Wishing them many many years of happiness!









Catie with her sister Carly




Our Family
Chuck, Catie, Me and Carly




P, H, Carly and John




Doug's Family with our little H attached
He really likes them.




Martha Doug's Mom, Chelsea Doug's Sister, Catie, Doug, Randy Doug's Dad




Martha, Doug's mother with Him




Doug, his grandmother Katharine, and Catie




Catie, Chelsea Doug's Sister, Carly Catie's Sister




Randy and Doug




A little quiet time








CATIE'S MOVIE
How they met etc....in her own way...






EXTRA MISCELLANEOUS PICTURES





This was just days after we suffered our home damage from Hurricane Matthew, but it was simple and went well.  Simple is good especially if that is what the bride and groom want.  

We enjoyed being together and then as quickly as they came off Catie and Doug went up to the mountains for a beautiful honeymoon.  I may share a few mountain pictures later.

I still find it hard to believe that the baby girl is now married.  I guess she'll always be our baby girl. It does make us happy seeing the smile on that face.  Guess we have another son and we're blessed.






6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful personalized wedding. Good for Katie for doing things her way. Her dress is just lovely. I like the hem on it and she looks so happy and pretty. He looks like a kind, gentle soul- the perfect kind of son-in-law. I am glad you had a nice day for the wedding. It looks like the sun and God smiled on the whole family. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diana!
      Thank you so much for all of the sweet compliments. It was a beautiful day. We did enjoy it and I believe God did smile down on the whole family. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving you and the family...Love ya girl

      Delete
  2. I loved everything about this post and just reading it gave me goosebumps. Many blessings and much happiness to the beautiful married couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      Thank you so much, you are so sweet! I'll tell her you said that. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete


HOUSE AND GARDENS