Sep 7, 2016

Simple Summer Blooms




I love so much about Spring and Summer until the extreme heat and humidity set in. This lady doesn't get all of her yard work done. 

So please pay no mind (even though your eyes will go directly there now...lol) to the grass growing in my tree and flower beds.  



A couple of years ago every single one of these Crepe Myrtle Trees died, or so I thought. I just left them in the ground and the next year many new growths came up around the center. I had no idea how to reshape them, but I knew who would!

Grumpy Gardener from Southern Living advised me to thin them down to 3 or 4 of the best. He is good and although the growth is small and slow They are living! I expect great things from them!




These Crepe Myrtle blooms start out as a soft lilac color then move on to this much deeper, pinker color.  It makes for a gradual color change. That isn't bad, it's quite interesting.





(I see you looking! :))
I've got my work cut out for me in cooler weather!






I think this is one of my 'Limelight Hydrangeas' but not sure.  It is fairly young but very pretty.




I thought that smaller hydrangea in the background was the same variety but it hasn't thrived yet. I'm waiting to see what it will do one day. It just might not be happy in its location. Hummmm I guess we'll see what happens.




I enjoy that little bench out there.  It makes for a very peaceful setting. These blooms are turning brown they will be gone soon.








I forgot to tell you this, just in case you don't know it. Did you know is you are a veteran and have your veteran's card that you can get a 10% discount at Lowes & most of the time Home Depot? Every little bit saved helps.
















The colors are pretty together!


I hope you enjoyed this little garden tour and that you've had a great Summer.
 I hate to see it leave us but bring on the cool, crisp Fall. 







4 comments:

  1. I love your crepe myrtles, we're thinking about getting one or two because the bees like them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! I guess you could say I've had two crops of them because the main stems of them died. I was thrilled to have these come back! A whole new life. Oh you're so right the bees are around them almost constantly! You're doing great with your bees!

      Delete


HOUSE AND GARDENS