Apr 3, 2015

Jesus Christ on the Cross "Good Friday"



2 Corinthians 5:21New International Version (NIV)

21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


I thought I'd share these simple thoughts with you today.  Simple but from the heart...
I can remember as a young child in Sunday School looking at all of the pictures of Jesus on the cross, and feeling so sad.  I still do.  The fact that he took all of our sins, past, present, and future upon himself, was mind-boggling and still is.

Older people would say today is Good Friday and in my mind, I thought what is good about it? My heart is breaking and I want to cry.  I got the nerve, I was so very shy, to ask someone this and they said to me, "Honey you are saved by His blood."  You can imagine what that statement did to a little girl. "What, How I just want to cry..."  That is how they spoke, no one ever explained the Crucifixion in a way a child could understand.  Mama told me in a better way, but it still made me sad and I couldn't understand at such a young age.

I began to understand at an older age and now I think churches explain it in a far better way.

We are not saved by only being good, we ourselves can never be good enough. We all sin everyone of us, but He has shown us the way to be forgiven for our sins and know that we are saved.  We will be in Heaven with God the Father God the Son and Holy Spirit.  

The Holy Spirit lives in us when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior.  We only need to listen and for me to feel also, to know what to do.  We try to be like He would want but we all make mistakes, being of a sinful nature, we all do wrong. He gives us that free will to choose which direction we will go.  We must choose our paths with the knowledge that God is with us all the way.  We just have to do the best we can, praying all the while, knowing that none of us is perfect. Isn't it wonderful to know that He is always there for us?  Always, unless we reject Him!  What a blessing and a secure feeling....I'm so grateful for what our Lord and Savior has done for us.  May God bless us all.

     Good Friday to you all and I leave you with some Bible verses...






Bible search results






The Crucifixion of Jesus ] A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in fromthe country, and they forced him to carry thecross.
The Crucifixion of Jesus ] As the soldiers led him away, they seized Simon from Cyrene, who was on his way in from the country, and put the cross on him and made him carry it behind Jesus.
Jesus Arrested ] When he had finished praying, Jesus left with his disciples andcrossed the Kidron Valley. On the other sidethere was a garden, and he and his disciples went into it.
fixing our eyes on Jesusthe pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.





Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment


HOUSE AND GARDENS