Jul 13, 2012

Spotlight Scott Harrell

Hibiscus House is Proud to Present
Scott Harrell
The Man Behind The Art

We recently showcased some paintings from
Scott Harrell
click below to see that post
Johnny Depp
We thoroughly enjoyed this


Now in his own words:


I would have to say first of all that my artistic talent is God given.  I started artwork by taking lessons at the age of 10, with my first love being faces.  I took lessons for 2 years, but did not become fully interested in artwork until the age of 16.

Most of my subject work at that time was mostly sports related.  Growing up in a sports oriented family gave me the desire to be the best at what I do.  Art was always just a hobby for me growing up, until 4 years ago when I decided to make it a full time profession.





My first memories of artwork, were sitting on my father's lap as a young child watching him doodle things like army men and cartoon characters.  My older sister and brother took lessons with me, and also share the same talent.

My desire to be the best at what I do led me to try various mediums and techniques.  It took a lot of research, trial and era to show me the different areas of work that I felt most comfortable with.  As I grow older I'm determined that art is a never ending lesson.  Never be afraid to try new things.  

In the last 4 years I decided to take the Sports Theme to a new level by trying a different canvas for my work.  My Sports Artwork is now being painted on jerseys, ball, helmets, and anything else that will accept paint.


Assorted Artworks Video Flipbook

Click to play so you can see other works of art.

Through that new canvas I have had the pleasure of working with several different professional athletes to help raise money for their charities.  I have fond memories of helping Troy Brown and Mike Bartrum.  I helped them raise thousands from 5 hand painted jerseys that were auctioned off at their charity event a few years back.


Mike Bartrum with Scott Harrell




Scott Harrell, Brown, Vrabel



Scott Harrell, Pennington





Milan Lucic Video Flipbook
Click to play

Hines Ward Video Flipbook
Click to play

Scott's intentions are to improve his artwork, share his God given talent all while trying to make a living for his son and himself.

Scott, thank you so very much for sharing your story and your wonderful art.
God has blessed you with a talent and I am glad you are not wasting it. I hope you all have enjoyed your tour of Scott Harrell Art as much as I have. Please stop by his facebook page and his website let him know how much you have enjoyed it.




    






No comments:

Post a Comment


HOUSE AND GARDENS