Jun 8, 2012

An Artist Shares His Work in Steps


I am beginning to find out that we have many talented artists in our local area.  Scott Harrell is a very talented man and uses many mediums and paints.  I thought that I would share some of his work before doing his Spotlight Story.  He has so many works of art and it is too hard for me to choose.  This one ladies will find to be a favorite. Scott has wonderful works that appeal to men as well.  
I must stop talking before I do his story ahead of time...
Enjoy this work of

Scott Harrell Art
Johnny Depp
Oil on watercolor paper using dry brush technique
Happy Birthday











I took the liberty of lightening the bottom sketch of his but in no way wanted to take away from his talent so the picture below is my lightened version





Another work in progress with this technique.
A technique which is only used in Russia
and to his knowledge no one in the US is doing it.
It gives the appearance of a pencil portrait without the pencil lines.


Stevie Ray Vaughan

Oil on watercolor paper using dry brush technique




orig


I took liberties with this sketch and lightened it forgive the awful tint I did it not artist
below:


I am placing some of his excellent artwork in the sidebar for you to enjoy.
The jerseys are hand painted acrylic straight on the jersey.
The canvas work is airbrushed acrylic.

Be sure to check out Scott's Website
Harrell Art Studio




Click this link below to meet the man behind the art


Scott Harrell
our 
Spotlight of the Week 7/13/12


Until next time
Have a great weekend,


   















Sharing with these fine blog parties:





Ivy and Elephants

2 comments:

  1. Those are really nice :) :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really nice. This post is so inspirational. I would love it if you could share this awesome post at our What’s It Wednesday linky party. I hope you can join us.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


HOUSE AND GARDENS