Dec 28, 2011

Pineapple and Magnolia, Welcome to our home




I wanted to share our simple dining room decorations.  It is filled with natural things like fresh fruits, and magnolia leaves. One thing I personally like to decorate with at Christmas time is magnolia!  iI just screams Southern! 









I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.
A Christmas filled with love, laughter, fellowship and worship.
We at Hibiscus House have had a lot to be thankful for.
One daughter was very sick, but is now healing.
The other daughter just welcomed a new baby a month early.
A year filled with all kinds of events is now coming to an end
Just think how exciting it is! A new year is ahead of us all.









I love crystal, china, silver do you?
The china in this cabinet I started in 1972 our first wedding.
Finished collecting and still had it when we re-wed 2005
It is Noritake Monteleone




Rag wreath
Hit the link above and I have instructions for making it on the design blog




Don't you love fresh fruit, nuts, candles?  I do.




 I really like this Pineapple ceramic container.  It is a beautiful piece wish you could see it in person.



 

Lenox Christmas Tree Accent Plate



You may remember the post I did with the china.
This is same china.
I have different accent plates
I do have Christmas china a Fitz and Floyd Pattern
Guess I'll show it next year.




My daughter Carly gave me these ruby red plates and goblets
the accent plates are Lenox




I love this santa also from Carly





I removed the red goblets, plates,napkins and replaced them with clear goblets and off white napkins
See the difference little changes make















Hope you enjoyed the simple little dining room tour
We are going to eat in here as soon as the grand baby and mommie are ready to travel.
Christmas is going to stay with us a little while so we can celebrate together.





14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table you've set for your family. Congratulations on the new little one! I have to say that I like the red goblets and red plates. Your Lenox accent plates are gorgeous. And I'd like to see that pineapple container in person. I was thinking that we ought to get together for lunch sometime in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to meet you! Your Christmas decor is beautiful and I really like the natural elements you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jane! I would love that. I like the red goblets and plates also..just wanted to show the difference. A photographer I am not because my pictures do not do justice to things or people...lol

    Hi Suzy Thank you for your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And I am a huge fan of Southern!
    I know how you feel about photo's - I'm learning how to take pics now that I am blogging. Amazing how it sometimes takes 20 trys to get it right. And then its not perfect! LOL!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Sherry! So glad you came by. Blessings for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wreaths on the chairs are beautiful. I love the use of the pineapple too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tour. You have some beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything pineapple!... the wreath on the chair and your tablescape are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like jyour dining room Love the pieapple and thefresh fruits

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosemary, Shirley and Martha, thank you all for visiting and for the sweet comments. It means a lot. I had a very good time visiting all of your's and will now be following each of you! Such fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely tablescape. Love the wreaths and the pineapple theme is perfect, reflecting hospitality and warmth. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marty, Thank you so much...I thank you for having the parties and such a beautiful informative blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty tablescape! And the centerpiece...gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas in July!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete


HOUSE AND GARDENS