Nov 6, 2011

Spotlight: Cottle Farms






Some people come into your life and change it for the better.  
The Cottle Family is just one such family that came into our lives and made them better. 
Great memories and fun times.






Ron and son


I recently did the series of Farmers Market Festival Posts. 
In the posts, I told you of how sweet and happy people are when they are at Farmers' Markets.
You might wonder how I knew that; other than the obvious.
  
It is because I worked at one of the happiest places in the world.  
It happened to be in my side yard and was a strawberry field
I spent the better part of my young adult life there. Over 20 wonderful years.


My children grew up in it and it will always be a part of us.
Carly was 2 years old and later did a TV Commercial for them
Catie from an infant played in the huge empty bucket boxes under the shed

But I am getting ahead of myself..






One day a handsome man, his absolutely beautiful wife, and young son came to visit us. They had a daughter, but she wasn't with them that day.
The son admired Randy's corvette. I am going to embarrass the young man now and say he was cute as a button looked like a Ken doll.

They spoke about searching, flying over the property, and saw the lake.
Forest Lake has always been beautiful
But it would serve as irrigation for many, many years to a beautiful strawberry field.
Forest Lake Strawberries

October has just left us and it always makes me think of strawberry planting time.

If you are in our area then you know where the former Forest Lake Strawberries now Cottle Farms is located.
Between Timmonsville and Florence 
On Hwy. 76, W. Palmetto St. and
just beyond the I-95 exit.
They have many more locations also.

If you have tried their products then I don't have to tell you a thing.  You definitely should if you haven't.  You will see just how delicious their fruits and vegetables are.
 I like to share good things with you.  Cottle Farms is a good thing. 


Remember when I said the couple with the young son came to visit to talk of farming? 
Well the young son was Ron Cottle





For the wonderful history of Cottle Farms


visit the link below:
Office:   (910) 267-4531  or   (910) 267-1836
Fax:   (910) 267-0156

4/9/12
Link to new story about Ron's newest venture
check it out

5 comments:

  1. Well that was informative and I just visited Harris Teeter while on my vacation with my friend. Isn't it something to see children other than your own grow up into wonderful adults?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure is Brenda. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know where this is! Just love strawberry farms! I wish there was one close to us - I have to go an hour away!
    Can't wait until spring!
    Hope you have a great week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi kathy,

    I can't wait until Spring too! Thanks for stopping by!
    Hope you have a great week too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice story Dolly. I just love strawberries. Have a great week,

    ReplyDelete


HOUSE AND GARDENS