Cotton Blooms aren't they pretty? This post includes some information about cotton that I knew nothing of.
- Did you know that it is environmental friendly?
- Did you know that your old cotton jeans could become insulation for you home?
- Did you know that scientist are working on an edible cottonseed for human consumption?
- Cows already eat it, they are making it so chickens and pigs can also.
- Did you know that cotton was used in booms in ocean to absorb oil in major oil spill?
- Did you know the cotton plant removes CO2's from the atmosphere turns into cotton?
- Did you know that it takes out greenhouse gases?
- Removes apx. 7 million car emissions.
Lots more to learn about on the cotton website.
The number of pesticide applications has been reduced by 50% between 1986 and 2008 .
This is important to me because hate anything that causes harm to we humans as well as the environment
- cooking oils
- paper making
Too many to name so I've included these links below:
No we do not grow the cotton ourselves, but are surrounded by it. It is just amazing to me what is going on in the world around us that we are totally unaware of.
I love how the church looks with the cotton field around it.
It looks like snow.