Sep 28, 2016

WHITES ONLY Laundry Mixture




I've been asked recently for this mixture.  I think that it is a wonderful cleaning mixture and should have a post of it's own. Today I share two recipes or mixtures that work extremely well.  Keep in mind this is for "White Laundry Only".


There is nothing prettier than whites on Line
I borrowed this photo credit




The first thing you will need is this soap and Only This Soap for this mixture to work well. No other works in the same way. WHITE LIRIO has brighteners that whiten and brighten better than others. I'll repeat myself once again this is for WHITE LAUNDRY ONLY!  It is too powerful to use on any colors and may bleach them out.




You will need a grater be it a hand grater as shown above or another type like the attachment shown in the following picture or if you have an excellent food processor with grater disc that will work as well.  







This is the Black & Decker Food Processor that broke long ago but to show you that you will need to chop your grated soap finely to work well.  Take a look at the fine soap.


WARNING: The food processor can't be a simple one it must be an extra strong model.  I have a KitchenAid Food processor that works excellently.  I have torn up a few run of the mill food processors just chopping the soaps and they wouldn't even grate the soaps well. The warning is to save your appliance.  I used to have two one good and one lower grade for preparing soaps but no longer the low grade ones just can't handle the soaps.  I now use only my KitchenAid. The soap is easily washed from the discs and blades so no harm is caused. 



YOU WILL NEED THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:


I'm going to share with you my two mixtures. The Regular White Only and the Extra Strength Mixtures.  I've also included Small and Large Batches for you to have just in case you want to make in Bulk. You choose what you think will work with the type white laundry you have.  If you have extremely dirty, dingy laundry then I suggest you make the Heavy Duty or use more of the Regular Batch to a load.  It will be a trial and error at first to get the right amount for your type water, washing machine and laundry. The good thing is once you do this it will be a breeze to have bright white laundry!



LAUNDRY SOAP POWDER MIXTURES


BIG BATCH REGULAR  WHITE LAUNDRY SOAP MIXTURE

1 box Borax
1 box Super Washing Soda
1 1/2 Bars White LIRIO Soap grated then chopped finely
3 cups Baking Soda  




SMALL BATCH REGULAR BATCH WHITE LAUNDRY SOAP MIXTURE

6 cups Borax
4 cups Super Washing Soda
1 & 1/4 Bar of White LIRIO Soap grated and chopped finely
2 cups Baking Soda



BIG BATCH HEAVY DUTY  WHITE LAUNDRY SOAP MIXTURE

1 box Borax
2 boxes Super Washing Soda minus 1 cup
3 bars White LIRIO Soap grated minus 1 cup (store for later) then chop finely
4 cups Baking Soda


SMALL BATCH HEAVY DUTY WHITE LAUNDRY SOAP MIXTURE

3 cups Borax
3 cups Super Washing Soda
1 bar White LIRIO Soap grated minus 1 cup then chop soap finely
3/4 cup Baking Soda



INSTRUCTIONS

TIPS: 
~1. ~If using big batch mixtures I suggest you get a mop bucket and a long handled spoon for mixing. ~2~ Wear a face mask these ingredients will mess up your sinuses and you don't want to breathe any of it in anyway. ~3Wear rubber gloves to protect your hands as this can be a little irritating to those as well.


1.  Grate your bar soap, measure out according to mixture you are making,
2.  Chop finely in processor.  The finer you chop the better your laundry soap will perform in cold as well as warm and ho temperatures. Set aside
3. Measure your dry ingredients.
4. Mix all together with large spoon until thoroughly mixed.
Store in a lidded container

I have an older top loading machine and use 1/4 - 1/2 cup per load depending on how dirty the load is. That is what it takes to clean my laundry.
HE machine owners start with 2 tablespoons to see how it works for you.
You may need to experiment with your needs for your washing machine and laundry.  


I have several recipes or mixtures for cleaning laundry and just in general in the household you can find most of them in the DIY Tips & Tutorials Tab above underneath the Hibiscus House Header of Roses.  They are my recipes and are tried and true.  I hope you enjoy all.





 WHITE LIRIO SOAP can be found:

Buy in Bulk and Save:  Lirio White Bar Soap sold in case of 25 Bars can be found reasonable at Amazon Here for $62.39 which equals $2.50 a bar plus free shipping

By the Bar Lirio Soap can be found at MexGrocer.com Here $3.00 a bar plus shipping.

20 MULE TEAM BORAX, SUPER WASHING SODA can be found at Walmart.




2 comments:

  1. Great post! I really need to try and make my own laundry soap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginger Dawn! I think if you ever did you would realize how much money you would save as well! My mouth flies open in shock when I do go down the cleaning aisle and check the prices! This white mixture is fantastic, but only on whites because it does lighten colors (I tried it to see).

      Delete


HOUSE AND GARDENS