Aug 23, 2014

Spotlight Melvin Purvis Series: Ross Beard

Mr. Ross Beard and Chuck

Many of you know that in our hometown we have legends and we are very proud of them.  I started this quest some time ago to find out more about Melvin Purvis.  There have been many bumps along the way and I'm sure as I go forward there will be many more. Today I visited with...

Aren't people fabulous?  I now have met the most interesting gentleman and am in awe of his knowledge on certain subjects.  He is a historian, speaker, collector.  He is a Spotlight Story himself and that will be done in many parts also. I'd like to introduce to you Mr. Ross Beard, the Godson of Melvin Purvis.

Today I share two videos with you and it will show his love of collecting and his eloquent manner.  He is a wonderful person.


SCNow Video



The Beard Collection
thestateonline


I share with you some of Mr. Beard's statements: "Melvin H. Purvis of the FBI.  He was a charming, bright and delightful gentleman and truly treated me as one of his sons.  I took care of his gun collection for years and had the great honor of sitting with him in his den.  He shared many wonderful stories with me about his FBI experiences.  We used to sneak off from his office in a Baker electric car he had and dash over to look at some gun or guns I had located.  He taught me many things that I remember and use in every day of my life.  Needless to say he was my hero as a child and remains so to this day." 

I'll be going through photographs and audio to bring you more shortly.  When you meet such an individual and they know so much about so many things it is like a book in itself.  I can't wait to share.  These videos will show you something of this man until I finish.  We all need heroes!  I think that in Ross Beard I have found another! 


Meanwhile past posts done about Melvin H. Purvis:








No comments:

Post a Comment


HOUSE AND GARDENS