Jun 17, 2013

Hibiscus House Pink Climbing Roses


I really like these roses. I don't know their name but they are really pretty.  They don't bloom much I think maybe twice a year, but their beauty is worth keeping them around. The bush itself doesn't have particularly sharp thorns and for that I am thankful.


The blooms didn't last long this year because of the windy, rainy weather. 
Monday, is a busy day; but wanted to get this post up.
I have many more flower blooming photos to share at a later date.














It all starts on this dainty soft rosebush. 
I hope to find out the name and share because it is gorgeous.
Where did you get your love of gardening from?  Mine came from my Mama.  She has always loved her flowers and had the most green thumb of anyone I know.
I hated going outside when younger and now I know why. I am so totally allergic to Spring, pollen, growing things, but guess what?  I love it so, laughing as I say it! I go outside, itchy watery eyes, feel like I will jump out of my skin it itches so much... What is a person to do?  Do what you love, and love what you do.




11 comments:

  1. Now you're just teasing me Dolly with all of your beautiful pickets and roses!!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb and that means a lot coming from you. You grow some of the prettiest flowers I have ever seen!

      Delete
  2. I have a bush rose that looks just like yours. I wonder if they are related.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michelle,
      I wonder too. If you find out the name of yours let me know maybe mine is related.

      Delete
  3. Those roses are just the most perfect pink and so delicate looking! Love them, Dolly! My love of gardening came from both of my grandmothers and my mother. Both of them loved growing the old fashioned lily of the valley, lilacs, and tiger lilies. My other grandmother had a huge garden in her backyard where we kids used to play. It was lush and full and full of color. :) Sweet memories....

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurie,
      Thank you! I'll bet they did have beautiful gardens and yours is out of this world beautiful. Enjoyed reading about your sweet memories!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. Those are such pretty roses! I love the pink color. They look even prettier up against the white washed fence. I got my love of gardening from my grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tammy,
      Thank you so much! Such sweet compliments. I'll bet your Grandma was a great gardener. Good to hear from you sweet friend!

      Delete
  5. Your roses look so pretty, and what a nice soft shade of pink. I bet they smell heavenly. I have only one teeny tiny miniature rose in my garden (yellow), but it has yet to bloom. The rabbit got at it earlier, and I hope he didn't destroy it's blooms entirely! I got my love of gardening from my mom. She was a wonderful gardener and loved all her plants like they were her children. She had little stories to tell about how her mother grew this or that plant on their old farm. Miss those stories ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Wendy,

      I love your story about the gardening. I think a rabbit got to one of my new heirloom roses that was still little he ate it to the ground. I may have to enclose my young plants in chicken wire..lol..love bunnies just not in my gardens. I hope your yellow rose blooms and blooms. Your mother sounds like mine with a story behind just about every plant...Me not so much unless she gave it to me that is..So good to hear from you. Come back anytime.

      Delete
  6. Dolly, the pink rose is gorgeous! I had, yes HAD, a peachy-pink rose bush that had the most unique beautiful aroma... sweet yet spicy, like black pepper... hence my blog name - SweetPepperRose LOL! I don't know a lot about roses, and unfortunately, it died; however the two rose bushes beside it, when they bloom, have the same faint aroma... is the SPR DNA slowly growing into the others? I hope so, and maybe they'll change color, too!

    ReplyDelete


HOUSE AND GARDENS