Sep 18, 2012

Soups For A Rainy Day Plus Hoarding Update!




Looking back into the archives for a few soup recipes. These rainy days bring that to mind soup and sandwiches.  An added plus is that you can throw them together and let them simmer all day in crock pot if you have more important things to do such as looking at craft magazines for your next adventure.

You probably know if you follow that Dolly is Cooking has been shut down.  I'm working on a cookbook so will update you when published.  Until then you can find a few Recipes can be found here.  There is nothing better than when the vegetables are in season to make a quick meal now and later in the year if you preserve and can some delicious soups and vegetables.






I can't wait to settle down with a cup of coffee and browse through some of the old santa craft books





I found while cleaning out the Storage Shed.







Update on Hoarding, I mean "Collecting Shed"






Chuck bought some wonderful shelves for me.  Thanks honey!






Check out these chairs. Some of which came from a school in my mother's time called "Ebenezer" I have to refinish these.  The other chairs that need to be caned came from estate auctions.  One day?
I love the history behind items don't you?






One shelf up, gosh I can see the corner...






I can see the fridge. 
It seems the only way to tackle an overwhelming task for me at least is to take it one spot at a time. One ft at a time...keep telling yourself and don't get discouraged....one step at a time and before long, the results will be amazing.  Take pictures and you can see how far along you have come.
I hope to make improvements in the shed like wall board, flooring and real curtains....
My job at department store was to keep things organized among many other things. I think that when you do something for a living you don't do much of it in your own home...I wonder why? You know how, you lead others and yet...strange....






A sampling of craft books found in shed.  Quilting, Cross Stitching, Holiday,Doll Making Library...They have been hidden for far too long...I can't wait to get into them again...


Have a great day!



5 comments:

  1. Soup and sandwich sounds great. My daughter brought home Meatball soup from her work,so I wouldn't have to cook.So I am set for dinner. Now If I can just get her to make some grill cheeses sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I do love soups...for sure. They're so easy...and if I can make it in a crockpot...even better :) :)

    Those wooden chairs are beautiful!!! I can't wait to see what you do with them...and wow, finding a stash of craft books...what a treasure :) :)

    Love and hugs from the ocean shores of CAlifornia, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you are making a dent in your project. I love coming back to old idea and craft books. Have fun!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolly, can I move into your hoarding shed? It looks like my idea of heaven; loads of craft books, a fridge, and your company close by... I hope you're having a wonderful week.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete


HOUSE AND GARDENS