Feb 11, 2012

Retro: Paris 1976



Please step back in time with me to 1976.



Where in a misty city filled with lots of gorgeous people run quickly here and there. They run but smile and stop to speak and kiss you. Males flirt constantly and you wish you spoke French more fluently. There are wonderful smells in the air. Perfume, pastries, coffees. Fashions, oh the styles so different from America at the time.
The best cup of coffee I ever drank and with the first ever and best croissants I have ever had in my lifetime.
I had my hair, cut shaped and styled (not in this pic below, afterward). The French Stylist spoke no English, but  showed me pics and before long we were communicating very nicely.
Visited fashion and perfume houses, a dream of a lifetime for me.



























The Claridge where I stayed.
It was so luxurious
I have not seen any place like it since.
The rooms were out of this world unforgettable.
This Hotel treated everyone like Royalty.
Hit the photo below for an article about it's closing the very year we stayed there.
Saddened me, for I thought if I ever went back I would stay there.

Hit the pic to read story of this Hotel 1976


Places 











1976








9 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to visit Paris! Very lovely pictures and a wonderful story. Thanks Dolly!

    Debbie H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, I have never been overseas anywhere. I graduated from high school in 1976, I remember the year well just not for the same fantastic reasons that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Dolly, what an amazing trip! The pictures are really professional looking. I took four years of French in high school and always wanted to visit there. My in-laws have been many times. My hubby and I watch the Tour De France every summer in order to see the beautiful countryside.

    Thanks for your visit to my blog and have a great week!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what amazing photos - that's a trip of a lifetime! Haven't been there but it's on my list - can't wait to visit the Paris flea market! Started following in the new Linky too.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post and so fun that you share your pictures. I have never even been to Europe. Maybe some day when these gets are grown.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had my dream trip! Oh, how I used to long to go to Paris! Thank you for this virtual visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely. I would love to visit Paris. I'm your newest linky follower and would love a return follow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me at "Paris"! One of my dreams is to go there...I so enjoyed your pictures and memories.

    Cindy at Notes in the Key of Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the memories...makes me want to go! Thanks for stopping by Moose Mouse Creations and following me. I'm happily following you back!

    ReplyDelete


HOUSE AND GARDENS