Oct 16, 2011

Sausage-Cheddar Quiche



I lived next door to my mother-in-law Genolia for many years. She was a sweet little woman who could cook so well. We would look forward to getting our Southern Living Magazine every month. It always had, in fact it still does have the best recipes.

This is one of those we have made for many years. It is delicious, almost has a pizza taste to it. I can't help myself, after I brown the sausage and add the mushrooms, onions, peppers and seasonings I have to eat some of it. It is just delicious. I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.





Sausage Cheddar Quiche

Ingredients

Pastry for 9" Quiche or Pie Pan
1 Lb. Bulk Sausage
1-4oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained (or fresh)
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 tsp. minced parsley
1/2 tsp. basil leaves
dash of garlic powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup milk
2 eggs
Paprika


Directions

Prick pie shell and bake until lightly browned. Cool
Crumble and cook sausage until browned. Drain.
Combine sausage with next 7 ingredients, mixing well
Spoon into quiche shell
Combine milk and eggs. Beat just until foamy. Pour over sausage mixture.
Top with cheese (I like mozzarella as well as cheddar)
Sprinkle with Paprika

Bake @ 350
50 minutes or until milk/egg mixture has cooked and cheese is lightly browned




No comments:

Post a Comment


HOUSE AND GARDENS