Sep 23, 2011

Spotlight: Mr. Mike Wainright


Mike Wainright
Our Spotlight of the week

In His Own Words,

I was born into a Christian family.  My dad is a minister.  As a child, we moved quite a bit.  I remember going to church and not only listening to the wonderful messages from God's word but was intrigued by the music.  I also remember singing in church when I was small.

About the age of 10 or 11 we had a little quartet.  Several people in the church worked with us to create the parts.  It must of sounded ok because we had a few churches to sing in.  This did not last too long because it was time to move again.

I accepted Jesus as my personal Savior when I was about 12.  I don't remember the message that morning but I do remember not being able to stay in my seat.

Dad had a study in one of our houses with tons of books.  Also in the room was a small record player that played 45's and 33's.  We had three records that I remember.  When I could I would slip away and sing my little heart out with The Chuck Wagon Gang, The Happy Goodmans, and George Beverly Shea.

We moved to SC in 1969.  As a teenager, I went to church but did not sing.  Oh, how I regret that.  It wasn't until I was in my 30's that God called me to sing.  I think He called earlier but I just did not heed the call.

I sang with a quartet that started in our church.  We traveled and sang but were always back in time for Sunday School at our church.  This group stayed together for several years and finally disbanded.
I did not sing for a while and was miserable.  I prayed that God would open a door for me to sing for Him.  It wasn't long before a local group, The BibleTones of Florence, SC called.  I sang with them for a little over 13 years.  What a blessing that was.

Before i left that group I felt a tugging on my heart to sing solo.  My wife and I prayed about this for two years before I accepted the call.  This is so much different than singing in a group.
I launched a solo career and have never looked back.  God has done so much for me.  I am blessed to be chosen by Him to proclaim the name of Jesus in song.

We have been able to travel from Florida to Delaware, from the east coast and as far west as Alabama and Kentucky.  As long as God keeps opening the doors we will continue to serve him in the way he has called us...to minister through song.

I desire your prayers.  I want to continue to praise Jesus in song and share my testimony with others. I want to see people come to know Jesus and also to see Christians uplifted in the Lord.



Mike, Dolly, Avis, and Chuck

I first met Mike at the church Chuck was going to at the time.   It wasn't long before he and his wife Avis became good friends.  I too joined this church and remarried Chuck.  We would rejoice at all of the wonderful music our church had.  We were so grateful when Mike sang at our wedding.  He has such a wonderful voice.  I thank you Mike for all you do in your ministries.  You have blessed so many.

Thank you Mike for sharing your story, your talent, and for being our Spotlight of the Week.







GOD HAS CALLED MIKE HOME

Avis shared this video and I share it with you


I can only imagine the songs he is singing now and the Glory he must be experiencing.


5 comments:

  1. Mike thank you so much for sharing your ministry in song. You are an inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a great honor of Mike. We always loved you both! I just found this today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this today 12/31/2023. Thank you for honoring Mike and his ministry. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he was such a wonderful inspiration to us all. Love you!

      Delete


HOUSE AND GARDENS